of the weekend

walking by the river


To put it mildly, I am so happy last week is exactly that! I was ill with two different things, both of which were pretty annoying and painful and tiring and I couldn't be happier to leave it behind me. So there, it is behind me, or behind the next paragraph which I'm sure counts as the same thing in the world of writing.

Of the weekend.

Friday night. Drinks in London with two dear good friends over wine and yummy food. I felt better instantly. We laughed and almost cried and laughed some more and I came back feeling lighter and smiling at the future. 

Saturday. Knitting club and my sweet slow pace. Oxford United match. Almost won but did not lose. What a match! Freshly made tomato and roasted red peppers and basil soup. Heaven!

Sunday. Lovely slow stroll by the river in good company with cute puppy. I think my UK-induced pale complexion is being replaced by a healthy tan. Or so I want to believe. I finally got to relax and for that I love Sundays!

The weather. Typically one discusses the weather on failure to produce a more interesting topic; not the case here. One has to discuss the weather because it was absolutely stunning and it made me oh so happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...