::Raining umbrellas:: a week's balance

Sky through wood

I've been doing the Raining Umbrellas course for a week now. I was really excited about doing this course for ages and when it was finally open I was thrilled and keen to get going and meeting everyone and seeing their art and feeling inspired. The amazing thing is that it fulfilled all my expectations (how often does that happen?) and went beyond them in the best way possible. After reading the lessons, I'm often left quiet and reflective trying to find myself in those texts about artists and signature styles and natural born inspirational people. 

As you may or may not know, I like myself. I particularly like the annoyingly little Miss Joey, for she amuses me as a little alter ego with a bit of a life of her own when she writes here. I don't think I'm perfect or the best thing under the sun, but I'm happy being me. And I like to know about myself. It's the control freak in me (this is a secret!). This week I have learnt so much about myself before I even began trying that I'm baffled with the information. I'm really enjoying the journey. 

I am also fortunate enough to be doing this course with an amazing group of very talented people whose work inspires me and makes me happy. I'm impressed by the diversity of crafts and media used and educate my eye with every single visit to their spaces. If you want to know them a bit better (and not that Little Miss Joey is bossy or anything, but you do want to know them better!), you can find them on my sidebar... Raining umbrellas crowd. Go. Enjoy. It is Sunday!


4 comments:

  1. What a kind and beautiful post, Joey. You made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vicki.
    You really are an inspiration to me and your course is really helping me move forward as I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post. I love your honesty and energy... and resonate about trying to find yourself among the artists and signature styles and natural born inspirational people. I love what you have to say about little Miss Joey :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for such a thoughtful comment, Debby. I really like the fact that we're all so different and yet have so much in common :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...