street photography now project

a touchy portrait

Fear not. The photo above does have an explanation. Keep on reading, little impatient you.

By now you and the world (for you are the world! and I'm a poet!) know I'm into street photography and would like to explore it further. I've been an avid little sponge for photos and articles on street photography and the more I see the more interested I become. 

On one of these online searches for inspiration, I came across the project Street Photography Now. You can read all about it here and buy the book on Amazon here. They also have a project which delivers a weekly email with a little prompt to get you going. This week's theme was:


Hence the photo. My glamorous assistant loved every minute! I pretend to punch, he pretends to fly away with the impact. Neither of us will have a career in acting after this, but such is life; there's always fishing to keep us going... oh wait, not good at that either... 

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I've already got an acting credit under my belt: http://www.fernyfilms.co.uk/credits.htm

    When they said you should be at arm's length I'm not sure they meant you hit the other person ;)

    Nice photo though and I like the desaturated look, will have to get the 'recipe' for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographic experiments are amazing! :-) Cool picture! :-) I think you guys have lots of fun together, discovering the world of street photography. Enjoy it! I am looking forward to seeing the results of the exploring process. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dobbin: The photo was approved on the group :D yay!

    @cococita: Thanks Elke! We're really keen to do this, should indeed be great fun :) Keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...