a photographic habit

Glasgow


I got my first DSLR camera in January 2009, a Nikon D80 which I've been in love with ever since. Yes, I'm a Nikon gal and I wouldn't have it any other way! 

My beloved D80 has recently been in hospital for a month, with a broken shutter. To my almost teary face, the lovely gentleman fixing it said: it's ok, it's only the shutter; they have a limited number of clics, you know? No, I didn't know. But he seemed to know what he was talking about and I felt I could trust him and now it's back safe and sound and well.

When I got it, I used to carry it around all the time, and I mean all the time! It didn't feel heavy or spacious or cumbersome, just incredibly satisfying and rewarding. It's been two years now and instead of getting even more into the habit of it, I dropped it altogether (on weekdays, in favour of lunch and shoes! hardly comparable!). Starting this blog and aiming to have a photo on every post has made me realise I need to get back into the habit of having it with me at all times. It's a good habit to have! And I have done another thing or two to encourage my photographic habits, watch this space. 

The thing is, when you have your camera with you all the time, you can capture beautiful ginger cats sunbathing in secondhand bookshops. Definitely a strong motivational factor on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...