quem tem amigos...

the sea

"Quem tem amigos não morre na praia"

The sentence above is a Portuguese saying I quite like and that warms my heart every single time. Translating it to the letter, if one has friends, one does not die at the beach. It's so true!

Today, I lost my wallet. It may still turn up and LMJ has several friends engaged in a positive thinking finger crossing activity! However, it has not turned up yet.

This afternoon I was upset and slightly panicky and annoyed and hungry and with an almost battery free mobile phone and moneyless.
*insert friend moment*
Later on this afternoon I was upset and slightly panicky and annoyed BUT I had company and food and a working phone and money.

Not so bad after all, hey?!

3 comments:

  1. Might be worth canceling your cards anyway. Hope you find it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this saying: didn't know it but love it as it warms my heart too.
    Hope your wallet will be found and be yours again soon!
    Fingers crossed dear Joey!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone :)
    Annoyance levels are slowly coming down and acceptance is going up :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...