choose :: my word for 2014


Choose.

For 2014, I choose choose as the word to focus on. Life is made of choices. Simple, hard, quick, slow, spur of the moment, pondered choices that can change our path and the way we feel about our life.

Last year, as I focused on change I realised that part of the process to dealing with change is choosing how to deal with it. Sometimes, our options are limited and so will our choices be; sometimes, things will happen and we'll be left feeling we have no choice... But we do, small as it may be... We can choose to deal with it.

Last year, both my parents had health problems; that made me think of all the change that is forced upon us. The kind of change that makes you feel powerless even when your word for the year is helping you deal with it. The kind of change we have no choice over, other than be the best people we can for them and for us.

This year, I want to feel empowered by knowing there is always a choice, no matter how small. I want to choose how I deal with what comes my way. I want to choose how I speak to people, especially the ones closest to me. I want to choose how I spend my time. I want to choose to launch a business with my brother. I want to choose to enjoy life. I want to really choose by knowing I have a choice... No matter how small.



4 comments:

  1. May YOUR choices lead to a wonderful, miraculous and unforgettable, positive year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! I wish you the very same I wish for myself :)
      xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...